Possessing a sweet aroma akin to milk or fresh bread with a hint of citrus, this single cultivar sencha is a relaxing treat to enjoy. Kanaya Midori means "Gold Valley Green" and is named after Kanaya Town, where it was bred and where Sugimoto Tea Company was founded. Developed in 1949, Kanaya Midori is a cross between Yabukita and Shizuoka Zairai Cultivar #6. When brewed its liquor has a light green color and the flavor is a satisfying balance between sweet umami, light bitterness, and light astringency.
Our Kanaya Midori was grown by Suzuki-san who lives for the joy of growing and making tea, growing over 8 single cultivars in the black volcanic soil of his fields. Suzuki-san grows his tea in an area of Shizuoka that has an elevation of around 200-250 meters and a mild climate which produces soft tea leaves.
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Size: 50g
- Medium Steamed (Chumushi) Green Tea
- Season: First Harvest 2019
- Aroma: Sweet, similar to milk or fresh bread with hints of citrus
- Body: Medium
- Flavor: Smooth umami, balanced well with a light bitterness
- Finish: Citrus with a light astringency