Oku Yutaka means "Deep Richness" which is an apt description of this tea's deep and complex flavor. It has a marine aroma that is lightly herbaceous with a hint of shortbread cookies. When brewed, the liquor is a deep green. The flavor is savory with notes of brussel sprouts, sweet peas, and vanilla wafer. It's high in amino acids and low in bitterness.
Our Oku Yutaka was grown by Kawashima-san in the southwestern highlands of Shizuoka. His fields are grown in well-draining soil on mountain slopes at an average elevation of 150-200 meters. Kawashima-san is a passionate farmer who makes his own liquid fertilizer that is beneficial to the native microbes in the soil.
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Limited Edition
- Size: 50g
- Deep Steamed (Fukamushi) Green Tea
- Season: First Harvest 2019
- Aroma: Marine with hint of shortbread cookies
- Body: Thick and smooth
- Flavor: Savory with notes of brussels sprouts, sweet peas, and vanilla wafers
- Finish: Lightly umami and sweet, no astringency