Teapots of the Tokoname style, one of the six original kiln traditions in Japan, have a history dating back to the Heian Period, over 900 years ago. The clay of these Kyusu react with tannins in tea to decrease bitterness. Imbued with the local charm of the Tokoname region, each Kyusu becomes more lustrous with use and comes to reflect the individual character of its owner. The teapot has a mesh lining (=filter) inside. Carefully crafted in Aichi Prefecture, JAPAN
- As this item is made from unglazed clay, please dry well after use and avoid leaving tea leaves in the pot overnight to prevent mold.
- Wash with water and scrub with a light brush (such as a toothbrush) if necessary.
- Avoid the use of soap or detergents, as they may soak into the clay.
- Do not put in the dishwasher or microwave.
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Tokoname Ware
- Japanese Side-Handle Tea Pot with Inner Mesh
- Size: 12 oz
- Length: 6.5" including the handle
- Height: 3”