Mino ware (美濃焼) is believed to trace its roots to local ceramic production from about one and a half millennia ago. It was during the late 16th century, along with the rise of sado or tea ceremony, that this area of Southern Gifu rose to prominence for its ceramic art through the birth of most famous styles: Shino, Setoguro, Ki-Seto, and Oribe ware. Today, this area is known for its production of everyday items but local artisans have kept the traditional methods while adapting to the ever-changing needs and preferences of their customers. This teapot has a mesh filter lining the inside. Carefully crafted in Gifu Prefecture, Japan.
- Please dry well after use and avoid leaving tea leaves in the pot overnight to prevent mold.
- Wash with water and scrub with a light brush (such as a toothbrush) if necessary.
- Avoid the use of soap or detergents, as they may soak into the clay.
- Do not put in the dishwasher or microwave.
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Mino Ware
- Japanese Side-Handle Tea Pot with Inner Mesh
- Size: 10 oz
- Length: 6.5" including the handle
- Height: 3”