You've probably heard of cold-brewed coffee, but what about cold-brewed tea? Cold brewing tea allows the sweetness and umami flavor to shine while reducing bitterness and astringency. Best of all, it's super easy to do with no risk of over steeping!
With the HARIO Cold Brew Bottle just place the bottle in the fridge with your favorite tea and let it sit for 10 minutes or a few hours (Japanese teas are ready in 10 minutes, all other teas take a minimum of 6 hours).
The elegant design of the HARIO bottle brings an air of sophistication to any occasion. Reminiscent of a wine bottle, this vessel allows the tea leaves to freely move about, which means quicker cold-brewing and stronger flavors. Entertain guests with the beautifully simple presentation, or enjoy tea by yourself followed by an easy clean-up.
Recommended Cold Brewing Instructions:
- Fill the glass with cold or room temperature water.
- Put the lid on, and lightly swirl the leaves or shake the bottle.
- Place the bottle in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes or until desired flavor is extracted.
*Steeping time depends on tea type. Sencha Fukamushi can be ready in as little as 10-15 minutes, whereas Hojicha may take up to one hour. Overnight steeping is also ok. Teas other than Japanese greens may take much longer to steep (6-8 hours).
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Cold Brew Bottle with Filter
- Size: 750 ml (25 oz)
- Height 12”; Width 3”
- Color: olive green
- Dishwasher safe
- Removable bottle spout and stopper/ Silicone rubber Mesh filter