Temomi Shin Cha
19 available for immediate delivery
Quantity in Cart: None
The Rare Hand-Rolled Japanese Green Tea
Ingredients: Young Tea Leaves (Light-Steamed)
Net Weight: 0.35 oz (10g)
Temomi Shin Cha is one of the rarest and highest quality Japanese green teas. The word temomi means "hand-rolled". From the meticulous picking of the best young tea leaves to the final process of kneading the leaves to fine needles, the whole practice is done by the hands of elite temomi artisans. A method used in Japan centuries ago, the temomi technique is vanishing due to the adoption of today's machines to produce tea. Temomi Shin Cha is offered to the Japanese Emperor each year in a ceremony celebrating the first tea of spring.
- The flavor is thick, dense, and intense, but without an edge
- An amazing aftertaste like none other
- The tea takes an elegant clear-green hue
Please click here to learn how Temomi Shin Cha is made.
How to Brew Temomi Shin Cha
- Prepare a small tea pot and 3 to 4 shot cups. Ideal size of the pot is 5 oz.
- Put the whole bag (10g) of Temomi Shin Cha into the pot.
- Prepare about 2.5 oz. of 100 F° (40 C°) water and pour it slowly into the pot. Make sure all leaves are soaked in the water. If leaves are not fully covered, pour extra water just enough to soak all the leaves.
(Do not add too much water).
- Steeping time is 2 minutes. Do not shake the pot.
- After 2 minutes, check and see if the leaves are completely open. If not, please wait an extra minute.
- Pour the tea bit by bit evenly into the cups until the last drop. (Note: the last drops have the most delicious and strong flavor.)
For the second and third infusion, please use hotter water (130 F°) and steep only for about a minute.