Sakura (cherry blossoms) are the national symbol of Japan. They symbolize spring, new beginnings, and the ephemeral nature of life. Our Sakura Kyusu is suitable for all kinds of teas, especially fukamushi style (deep steamed) senchas due to its stainless steel belt mesh which surrounds the entire interior.
Tokoname ware (常滑焼), one of the Six Ancient kilns of Japan, has a history dating back to the Heian Period (794-1192 CE). It is said that the iron rich clay of Tokoname teaware reacts with the tannins in the tea to decrease astringency and bitterness.
- As this item is made from unglazed clay, please dry well after use and avoid leaving tea leaves in the pot overnight to prevent mold.
- Wash with water and scrub with a light brush (such as a toothbrush) if necessary.
- Avoid the use of soap or detergents, as they may soak into the clay.
- Do not put in the dishwasher or microwave.
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Tokoname Ware
- Japanese Side-Handle Tea Pot with Inner Mesh
- Size: 10 oz
- Length: 6.5" including the handle
- Height: 3"