Chasens are the traditional tool used to whisk matcha in the Japanese Tea Ceremony and the best tool to make frothy matcha. Handmade and crafted from a single piece of bamboo, this is an 80-prong whisk for easy frothing.
1. Before using your chasen for the first time, soak the whisk in hot water for 10-15 minutes to unfurl the tips.
2. Afterwards, before each use, soak the chasen in hot water for 1-2 minutes before whisking to soften the tines.
3. After making matcha, rinse the chasen in clean water to remove excess matcha and dry it in a well-ventilated place.
4. Avoid use of detergents. NOT dishwasher-safe.
5. To keep your chasen in the best condition for as long as possible, use a kusenaoshi once dry to preserve the shape of the chasen tines. Made in China
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Bamboo Matcha Whisk