Bamboo whisk made from shirotake (white bamboo) with pink and white strings. This chasen is recommended for special occasions or for use in spring when cherry trees are blooming. The shape is Senke-gata (or “Senke shape”) – the most common shape with straight prongs with curled tips.
This chasen is crafted by Komakichi Kubo and his family. Please note that each item is exquisitely hand-crafted and unique so the shipped pieces may not exactly match the photo. This item comes in an original paper box from Komakichi.
Read more about Komakichi Kubo.
Recommended: Before every use, please soak the prongs in warm water for 5 minutes to soften the tips.
- Hand wash only
- Wash off matcha completely after use
- Dry completely after use to prevent mold
- Avoid direct sunlight and dry conditions to prevent cracking
Hot Brew Preparation
Cold Brew Preparation
- Takayama Chasen
- Made by Komakichi Kubo
- Bamboo: White
- Prong: Kazuho (approx. 70)
- String: Dark and Light Pink